24 March, 2009

Gospel today

My previous post was thought about while running. I ran and then went to Morning Prayer. Part of the Gospel reading really spoke to me.

John 6:26-27
Very truly, I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves. Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you."

Am I only looking for God when I've got my fill of all my "activities"? Do I "fit" Him into my schedule? Is part of finding God, finding me? I think the answer to the last question is yes. I fully believe we see God in each other. I think the more authentic we are to each other and to ourselves, the more easily God is seen, so yes finding myself, my purpose, and taking care of myself enables both me and others to see God through me.

Food that perishes versus food for eternal life. Funny that I was crying over pancakes and cereal this morning--which is more important what I serve or that I serve it with love?

I'm not going to pretend that now I'm there--I can release everything and be fine, but I will say that I'm aware--I'm in process; not entirely sure what the "right" answer is; I am sure I'll continue to worry about it, but I hope that will lessen. And I am sure that when I stop being caught up in myself and my worries that I will more easily see and hear. I'm listening for God and He's speaking to me. He's speaking to me through my prayerful run, the Gospel, friends and Chris and I'm listening.

1 comment:

Renee Hines said...

"'At a girl!!" Love it! :)