12 July, 2008

Beloved

It's no secret that I've been struggling lately. This move has really thrown me for a loop in a way none has ever before. I could dissect it to the end of time and still dissect it some more, but I think the biggest reason is probably that I feel that this time I gave up more of myself than I ever have before. In England I was a wife and mother, but I was also on placement in a church, studying and reflecting on my possible path to the priesthood, and I felt complete. While I'm still all those things, I am not as active on my path right now. I have no "role" in the church (and to be honest I haven't spent as much time studying as I should have). So this morning on my run I was trying to figure out who I am and how to get back to the complete who I am. Then it struck me--yesterday a good friend wrote a blog on being beloved by God and all of a sudden it was so clear. Two things are clear--the first is that I strongly believe there are no coincidences with God and that the blog came at a time when I truly needed it--and secondly and most important I am a beloved daughter of God. That is first and foremost who I am and then the other things while important are just extra.

But it also occurred to me that I am the mother of beloved sons and daughter of God and the wife of a beloved son of God, so no matter how badly I feel on the inside at times, they deserve to be treated as beloved sons and daughters of God. Totally changes the way I see my role as wife and mother. Today as I go through my day I am going to try to look at every person I come in contact with as a beloved son or daughter of God. And I'm going to remember over and over that I am a beloved daughter of God no matter what I am doing.

1 comment:

Friend said...

But it's summer - everything eases off in the summer - or it should do! I'm sure you'll be sailing along again soon - and am glad to see you're still running.
Have you got any spiritual reading on the go?