08 February, 2009

Can't Stop Smiling and feeling so blessed

I started seminary last week, and I can't stop smiling. I also can't stop yawning as this experience is so exhausting. I feel so blessed that the family has really stepped up to help and be excited for me. Every afternoon all four children independently ask, "how was your day at school Mommy?" It's so wonderful to hear. They've also started doing small chores like unloading the dishwasher, folding laundry, with little to no complaints. I recognize they should have been doing these things all along, but it was so much easier to do them myself. Plus I was trying to be super mom.

I also can't believe how much support and love I feel from Chris. The massive amount of reading and studying has already started, and he keeps encouraging me and also picking up where I feel I'm falling behind. The first night of class, he took over cooking and cleaning the dinner. I think the true miracle was that I didn't try to control his every move!

I talk to other seminarians, and I feel so blessed. I know we all have our own struggles to overcome--me being an involved wife and mother while in school full time, but I am so thankful for the love and support of my family and friends. I'm not worrying about being able to pay to put food on the table or how I'm going to pay for books. Yes it's a hardship and we have to budget more, but we can do it. There are so many that gave up everything and moved here for seminary. They've uprooted their children and quit jobs. I can't imagine the stress they are under. So next time I complain that I have too much to do, I need to reread this. I do have a TON to do, and I am worried about doing it all, but I can't stop smiling that I'm here in seminary and that my family loves and supports me so much.

1 comment:

LynnieB said...

I am so excited for you as you begin this journey. Can't wait to hear more.