10 August, 2008

Getting Over It

Sometimes it's hard to get over hurt and anger--particularly when it feels unresolved or worse yet, you are almost 100% certain it will happen again. It's hard to get over the hurt and anger, but it is holding onto it that eats away at me. It begins to consume my life to the point that everything I see that in any small way reminds me of the person or event, causes a visceral reaction. It has to be released and I'm ashamed to say that it is often released on the wrong person. It is truly a struggle and one that I cannot accomplish alone. I must rely on my faith and my belief that it is possible to get through; its just so easy to forget that. But that's what anger does, it destroys the person holding it; it steals all the joy from that person's life; it takes away that persons inner strength. Anger consumes and destroys-people and relationships and usually not the guilty person. It seems a bit unfair.

No comments: